ED ARCTON MINISTRIES
LIBERATION MISSION FOR CHRIST
Ministers and Staffs
“Mission Code of Ethics”
Ed Arcton Ministries holds all Ministers, Staffs and Members accountable for their action(s) – without accountability there is no credibility.
As Ministers and members of Ed Arcton Ministries we are committed to the Christian Ethics of cooperation and professional growth, equality, diversity, human justice and grace. We affirm and promote the value, dignity and worth of each person we encounter in the ministry. In following the model Jesus of Nazareth established for caring for people we covenant to:
Ministers and Pastors are ordained and licensed ministers called to serve as commissioned by the sacred Word of God. In Christian grace and duty they respond with love and compassion to people’s needs in their whole existence. We embrace the understanding that human beings are created in the image of God with uniqueness and freedom to think, act and feel.
- Ministers will not in any way misrepresent themselves as law enforcement officers, military agents or any other government entity. We are ministers, missionary, evangelist, pastors, chatplains/chaplains and above all servant of God called to serve!
- Ministers understand the high value and dignity of the human being and actively attempt to avoid allowing their personal needs to exploit others. Ministers must always be aware of the power invested in them by their role and by the people seeking help.
- Ministers, Members and staff recognize the sacredness of human relationships and do not engage in sexual intimacies with those coming to them for spiritual support. Ministers and Servants do not engage in sexual harassment of any kind.
- Ministers and Members will actively attempt to understand and recognize the diverse cultural backgrounds of the people soliciting or receiving their pastoral care. Ministers serving as Pastors will not condone or engage in discrimination for any reason.
- Ministers and Members will provide pastoral care considering people’s own spiritual resources to cope with physical, mental and spiritual challenges.
- Ministers and Members must make every effort to avoid accepting donations or gifts that would knowingly place a hardship on the donor or their family. Furthermore Ministers will not accept donations or gifts that would place the donor’s welfare or their families’ welfare in jeopardy in any way.
- Ministers and Members will take an active role in helping build Ed Arcton Ministries by recruiting new Staffs and or members for missionary services and or any other thereby assuring the future advancement and stability of the ministry.
- Ministers and Members will not talk down to, degrade, belittle, or disrespect other Ministers in any way for any reason including but not limited to the following: color, culture, disability, ethnic, gender, race, religion, education or marital status.
- Ministers and Members will keep their commitment and faithfulness current and in good standing with the Lord Jesus Christ at all times and with the Local Church. Ministers who let their commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and dedication to service becomes questionable must contact the Leadership and or the main office for renewal and rededication requirements. ***
- Ministers and Members will be required to rededicate their personal life and family on or before the beginning of every year. This Rededication and Commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and His Word, the Bible will not be changed for any reason.
- Ministers and Members will not allow themselves to be involved in the following, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or intimidation towards other Ministers and members due to actual or perceived color, culture, disability, ethnic, gender, race, religion, education or marital status or for any other reason.
- Ministers and Members will at all times be respectful to each other, the Ed Arcton Ministries leadership and the officers and staff of Liberation Mission For Christ.
Confidentiality and Pastoral Relationship
- Ministers and Members serving as Pastors, Evangelist, Missionary and or Chatplains/Chaplains will respect the right of all those that come to them requesting pastoral care. Ministers and Members serving in these offices have to control the amount of personal information they want to disclose. Ministers will respect people’s right to privacy and avoid unwarranted disclosures of confidential information. When appropriate Ed Arcton Ministries and all Ministers and Members serving as Pastors and or any others must inform those requesting their help of the difference between privileged information which may be confidential and threats which may have to be reported. Ministers take the initiative to clarify their limits concerning privileged information.
- Ministers and Members providing pastoral care to minors or to individuals who cannot decide for themselves will get the consent from the parents or guardians by them signing a waiver.
- Ministers and Members will obtain permission from the people to whom they provide pastoral care before taking notes or electronically recording pastoral encounters.
- Ministers and Members are responsible for securing the safety and confidentiality of any pastoral encounters and records they create, maintain, transfer, or destroy whether the records are written, taped, computerized, or stored in any other medium.
Minister’s Competence and Pastoral Relationship
- Ministers and Members embrace the need of maintaining high standards of clergy and professional competence in their calling and the ministry. Ministers and Members shall actively strive to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Ministers and Members have a responsibility to read, understand, and follow the Standards and Code of Ethics of Ed Arcton Ministries and that of the Liberation Mission For Christ.
- Ministries and Members are committed to continue their pastoral and personal education to be better equipped to serve.
- Ministers and Members recognize their boundaries of competence referring to other professionals as they see necessary.
- Ministers and Members in teaching positions will use their pastoral skills and human awareness to uplift those under their educational care avoiding emotional, physical or spiritual harm at all cost.
Procedures for Processing Ethical Violations
Ministers and Members shall embrace the principle that a ministry comes together not to destroy their own self or themselves and members but to build and restore each other. Therefore, Ed Arcton Ministries or its Ministers and Members will not engage in activities intended to harm anyone or pastoral care providers. Following the biblical counsel, Ed Arcton Ministries will not entertain any accusation or complaints against our members or Leadership unless such complaint is brought by two or three reliable witnesses.” In the event of an unethical violation by any Ministers or Member, Ed Arcton Ministries will follow the process of repentance, reconciliation, restoration and redemption recounted in the Holy Bible.
**Ed Arcton Ministries is a nondenominational ministry of presence with missionaries, evangelist, chaplains, ministers, pastors, priests and bishops serving nationwide and internationally. All members are legally ordained as Ministers of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. (c)**